If you’ve ever caught yourself saying:
- “They must think I’m _____”
- “I should be _____ by now.”
- “Why am I so _____.”
- “Why can’t I ever seem to ____.”
And filling in those blanks with something negative … then you have GOT to change the conversation happening in your head.
This is how to PRIME YOUR BRAIN to be more receptive to the positive messages you are sending it … and it’s backed by science!
Studies show you can “prime” your brain to be more open to feeling confident, positive, and make healthier choices – and physically alter your brain circuitry in a way that promotes more positive responses!
Here are two things to try:
- Meditation. In fact, you can notice a difference in brain circuitry after just 2 weeks of meditation! Compassion and kindness meditations are very impactful. Many apps (like Headspace or Calm) include these guided meditations, plus there are hundreds of them for free on YouTube.
- Discover WHY. Think about why or how your health (or your body confidence) is meaningful for you.
Why does it matter? How will it serve you, your family, your community? What will it help you do, be, or achieve?
Making that “meaningful” connection turns on the part of your brain that responds to health advice. That, in turn, can help you feel more proactive about taking action!
Pairing these priming techniques with the shift in negative to positive self-talk will pack a 1-2 punch … and negativity won’t stand a chance.
This is incredibly POWERFUL if you apply it and take action. It just takes a little practice.